If a Bosch dishwasher displays the error code e01, it means the control panel is malfunctioning. But, do not hurry to buy a new board. First, check the electricity supply and the wires connected to the panel.
If the dishwasher does not work at all or fails, the faulty control board is probably the case. It controls all the functions. The easiest way out is to contact a special service shop, where they will quickly replace the control board of the Bosch dishwasher. Still, the control board is expensive, and they may charge you some additional service price. So many users buy the part and do the repair themselves.
Probably, it is the control board that fails. Modern appliances are equipped with plenty of electronics. The Bosch Dishwasher identifies a fault with an e01 error code. Even if you have in mind to do the repair yourself, do not rush to buy a new board. First, you need to get a handyman to check the microchips. It is possible that the Bosch dishwasher control board is not completely out of order, but only 1-2 chips are failing. The specialist services are relatively cheap, in this case. It is much cheaper to repair the part than to get a new one. The Bosch dishwasher microchip units have several degrees of protection, and they rarely fail.
How to diagnose the failure
How to spot a failing dishwasher chip? The external signs of the malfunction are uniform. The control board of all dishwashers regulates the whole washing cycle: from the water heating point to the point of draining the used water to the sewer. You need to repair the dishwasher and replace the control board if:
- the kitchen appliance won’t start;
- the selected program is not supported by the dishwashing machine (either the program won’t run at all or is not running properly);
- the device lights up all the programs on the display panel at the same time when you turn on the machine;
- you can’t choose the program;
- you can see a burnt section or part on the board.
Damaged beyond repair
What if the check is disappointing and the only solution is to replace the control board? You need to buy a new right control board unit – the right one, not the cheap one. Always make sure the specifications are fitting.
You cannot install the control board designed for any other dishwasher in your Bosch machine even if they look similar. Most likely, the wrong board just won’t work, and you’ll waste your money. Even if there is no right electronic circuit on sale, you can always order it.
If you have got your new control board, it is time to repair the dishwasher. You will need only a screwdriver set.
It will not be difficult to replace the part if you follow all the instructions:
- Disconnect the dishwasher from the mains (unplug the dishwasher).
- Remove the panel. To spot the board, see the manual.
- After you remove the panel, you’ll see the control board with the wires. Before you disconnect them, we recommend you to take a photo of the wiring. Then you will be able to reconnect the wires to the new part properly.
- Remove the old board and disconnect the wiring.
- Connect the wires to the new microchip unit and reinstall the part.
- Now all that’s left is to screw the panel into its place, connect the dishwasher to the mains and check the machine.
As a rule, if the dishwasher was malfunctioning due to the faulty control board, the device will work properly after the replacement.
Even an inexperienced handyman can replace the board of the dishwasher. You only need to choose the appropriate microchip unit and follow the recommended steps or or watch this video: