Bosch dishwasher error code E24 indicates a draining problem. A common recommendation is to simply clean the clogs out of the system or straighten the hose. Still, it’s not always that easy!
Possible causes fault:
- the faulty sensors;
- the drain pump malfunctioning;
- the failed electronic control system;
- the clogging;
- a bent drain hose.
Error code E24, no matter what model of dishwasher you have (Bosch silence plus 50 dba, Bosch silence plus 44 dba or Bosch super silence), means everyone has the same thing – the problem with water drain
How to fix error code E24
As soon as the E24 error occurs, you need to check the drain system for the possible clogs.
Complete the following steps:
- checking the drain hose;
- cleaning the drain filter located at the bottom of the appliance;
- removing any solid pieces of debris from under the pump gear.
These actions are part of device preventive periodic maintenance. Also, check the drain pipe joint for clogs. To do this, use a special brush to clean the clog.
To disassemble the dishwasher and access the pump, you need to do the following:
- remove the front bottom panel
- disable communications
- remove the front door panel
- unscrew the side panel screws
- remove the bottom plate
- unscrew the pump screws, under the filter inside the machine
- turn the car upside down
The above-described procedures will allow you to get directly to the drain pump. It is an aggregate with special outputs, to which the nozzles are connected. The device itself has to be accurately turned and pulled to the side. On the impeller of the pump can get hair and other various debris after a long period of operation. They rarely become the main cause of the malfunction. Nevertheless, they complicate his work. It is necessary to clean the impeller and pump operation will resume normally.
If you need more information about why the machine does not drain water, then you can read the article by Terry Caliendo
User tips: how to get rid of the error code E24
The dishwashers users evidence and real experience have shown that the methods mentioned above are not universal. The following are recommendations based on the analysis of many forums and personal experience!
- In some cases, if the pump is not working properly, you need to check the rotors, rotating impellers, and other parts. Perhaps you need to lubricate the moving parts, and this will fix the issue.
- Sometimes the following actions help:
- to turn on the device;
- to wait for 1-2 minutes (the pump will be running during this time);
- when you will hear the click indicating the filling process, open the door for 30 seconds.
You need to catch the moment. If you succeed, you’ll avoid the message E 24. After that, you can close the door to continue the washing cycles. Due to this, some users assume it is not the draining problem, but the faulty door lock.
According to some users, if you try this method, the machine will work fine, but you cannot run it in such a way every day. After such actions, some fix the problem in the following way: they have replaced the magnet in the door locking sensor. Perhaps it works, although there are big doubts about this method. Message the E24 according to the manufacturer’s instructions for Bosch, indicates the drain system problem, not the door failure.
- If nothing helped you, then there is another way to eliminate the Bosch error E24.
Do the following:
- you need to open the right panel of the housing and remove the seal;
- you will see a plastic container. There are tubes at the bottom of the container (see photo above). These tubes may be clogged with small debris. Their design is similar to a siphon, so they keep debris;
- If you can detach the branch pipes effortlessly, then clean them with a washing-up.
Many additional components and accessories that are out of order can be purchased on the official website of Bosch.