If your Bosch dishwasher shows an E01 error on the display, do not panic. This is the way a self-diagnosis system notifies you of a broken the heating element that can be easily fixed. You could also notice that the water in the device can’t be heating up or the equipment has stopped and can’t run the washing cycle.
You can find out why the Bosch dishwasher shows the E01 error on the display by reading the instruction or following the decoding below.
What is the reason for the appearance of the e01 error of a Bosch dishwasher? What does it mean?
The E01 failure code of the kitchen appliance indicates a problem with the heating element. Probably, the contacts are burnt, and the device does not receive a signal from a board about running the program. Also, it can be caused if the heater is burnt, that happens when calcification is formed due to hard water.
To solve the problem, you have to check the heater. The difficulty is that the Bosch dishwashers’ unit with the heating element is one-piece, with terminals for hoses and branch pipes. If it has no screws for disassembly, you will have to replace the entire device completely.
How to remove the e01 error of the Bosch dishwasher?
First, make sure that the E01 system error has appeared not by accident. To accomplish this, you have to reset the icons from the screen:
- Unplug the washer for 10-15 minutes;
- Run the device and check the display. Does it show the error? Then you have to check the heater.
Important! A flow through heater for the Bosch dishwasher is quite expensive. So think carefully and make sure that it is broken before replacing it.
What to do and how to remove the problem:
- Disconnect the appliance from the mains, water, and sewage.
- Open the door and remove the baskets.
- Remove the lower bracket and pull out the drain filter.
- Unscrew the helix around the perimeter that holds the branch pipes and the heating element.
- Put the dishwasher upside down.
- Unscrew the fixing bolts and remove the back cover.
- Disconnect the wiring from the pump, turn it a counterclockwise direction and remove.
- Put your hand under the heater block and detach the rubber mount.
- Disconnect the branch pipes and wires, and then remove the heating element.
- Replacement is carried out in reverse order.
Now you know why the dishwasher can show the E01 error code. You can solve the problem with your own hands, if you act consistently and accurately.