Sometimes the Bosch dishwasher suddenly ceases to work, displaying an e15 error code on a screen. Of course, we don’t want to go back to manual work. Therefore, it is necessary to understand what is the reason for failure as soon as possible, how to eliminate it and restore the working capacity of the equipment.
What is the reason for the appearance of the e15 error of the Bosch dishwasher? What does it mean?
E15 error code informs a user that the leakage protection Aquastop has worked. This means that water has got into the machine tray or the float has stuck.
The reasons for the water flow can be the following:
- The leakage sensor is defective.
- Blockage of the drainage system (filter, hose, sewage).
- Nozzles are worn out or have poor pressurization.
- There is a defect in the water sprinkler.
The E15 error is one of the most common failures of Bosch dishwashers. People who have faced with such malfunction sharing advice on thematic forums that in order to correct error. The kitchen appliance must be disconnected from the electrical network and tilted at the angle of 45º. Sometimes it is enough just to move the machine. These simple actions help to eliminate the sticking of the bobber in the tray. Then you have to drain water from the tray by tilting the device and then dry it. Usually, one day is enough to dry out well.
Of course, for those who have a dishwasher built into the kitchen set, this method is inconvenient. But on the other hand, it’s better than calling the specialist. After such manipulation with the machine, as a rule, the error E15 disappears, and the device continues to work as expected. If the error reappears, you have to correct a more serious fault.
Filter cleaning, changing the drain hose and branch pipes
Filter clogging with food residues can also cause the E15 error code. The dishwasher’s filter is located at the bottom. To get it you have to open the machine door, pull out the tray for the dishes, and turn off the lid at the bottom. There is a filter under the cover. It looks like a cylinder with a mesh. It must be rinsed well under the running water.
As for the drain hose, you have to disassemble the body of the machine to clean or replace it.
- First, unplug the machine from the mains, pull out the filter and prepare a convenient spot to place the device.
- Take the screwdriver and unscrew the left and right cover of the case.
- Turn the machine upside down.
- Then use the star-head screwdriver to unscrew the front panel with the base. The bolts holding it are located on the left and right sides of the machine.
- Unscrew the metal bar under the panel. There are a couple of screws under it, which also have to be unscrewed.
- Then unscrew the bolts from the dishwasher’s back part.
- Disconnect the rubber bands holding the pump on the machine bottom.
- Remove the two plastic plugs located on the machine sides.
- Disconnect the door holder.
- Unscrew the rope from the spring and carefully remove the lower part of the case.
TThis video will help you understand how to replace the hose in the Bosch dishwasher
So, the machine is dismantled, and access to internal parts is provided. Find the end of the drain hose attached to the pump. Carefully remove the hose from the pump using pliers. Inspect the hose for defects and cracks, if any, purchase a new one. Along with a hose, buy a clamp to fix it to the pump. Collect the dishwasher in the reverse order.
Leakage sensor and sprinkler changing
The cases when the e15 error Bosch dishwasher means the malfunction of the leakage sensor or sprinkler is extremely rare. If the sensor has malfunctioned, it can operate even when there is no water in the tray. Also, sometimes it does not turn on when the breakage occurs. Therefore, it is necessary to change it. The sensor is located on a plastic cup at the bottom of the machine.
So, the E15 error of the famous Bosch dishwasher is not so serious as it might seem and you don’t have to call a specialist. In most cases, everything can be solved on your own without disassembling the dishwasher body.