Are your Bosh dishwasher showing the E25 error code on a display? It informs a user of a clogged system. How to find the correct place of a failure and eliminate the problem?
What is the reason for the appearance of the e25 error of a Bosch dishwasher?
The code informs the user that there is a garbage in the dishwasher system. Namely: drain pump problems or the drain pipe blockage.
For each dishwasher, an instruction is attached where the exact value of all faults of the certain model is indicated.
The problem with the pump can be connected with the impeller locking, caused by foreign objects that get into the drain during washing. For example:
- peel from fruits and vegetables;
- pieces of napkins;
- Shards of dishes.
Even if you clean the plates of food residues carefully, anyway the fatty filter clogging may occur. When the dishwasher is not cleaned properly, the fat from the appliances accumulates in the drain system. As a result, it clogs the drainage filter, hoses, and branch pipes.
How to fix the problem yourself? The device’s cleaning is required.
How to eliminate?
Before the repair is started, exclude the variant of the system failure. In this case, the device displays an error by mistake. To reset the icons, follow the instruction:
- disconnect the dishwasher from the mains;
- wait for 10-15 minutes;
- restart the device.
If the code appears again, then it’s a malfunction. What do we have to do? First of all, turn off the machine from the mains, shut off the water supply. Then you have to:
- Disconnect the drain hose from the dishwasher body and put it down into the container to drain the remaining water.
- Remove excess foam using a sponge.
- Pull out the bottom basket for the dishes.
- After accessing the drain filter, unscrew it, as well as the metal mesh that is located behind it.
- Rinse the filter under running water. The mesh can be cleaned using an old toothbrush with a cleansing gel.
- A drain pump is placed behind the filter.
- Unscrew the fixing screws, pull the flap to the side and up.
- Remove the pump cover and check the impeller.
- For this, wear gloves and remove foreign objects.
If the problem cannot be solved, it is necessary to clean the drain hose and the branch pipe, which are attached to the circulating pump.
- Remove all baskets from the container.
- Remove five screws from the pallet. They attach the pump assembly.
- Turn the dishwasher over on the back.
- Remove the lower cover by unscrewing the bolts around the perimeter.
- There is a circulation unit in front of you.
- Disconnect the hose end from the assembly. Rinse it under the running water. You can use a small brush to clean it.
Do the same actions with the nozzle. It can be additionally fastened with clamps. If they are plastic, you will have to cut them off and install the new ones. If they are metal, you can just let the fasteners loose.
As soon as you notice an error on the display, do not wait, start inspecting the equipment. If you can not detect a failure by yourself, contact the service center.
The experience of the users of BOSCH dishwashers: how to get rid of the E25 error
As the author of the article, I will add a comment. If you seek to eliminate the E25 error, get ready for some dirty and disgusting process of cleaning the dishwasher. Note that this error often pops up when the dishwasher water is all greasy. So the problem of cleaning becomes even more troublesome. If that is not the pump, but a common clog in the drain hose, there is a lifehack which can help you to get rid of the E25 error code.
You will need a wet and dry vacuum cleaner to apply this method. Remove the drain hose of the dishwasher from the siphon and connect it to the vacuum cleaner. The diameters of the hoses of the dishwasher and the vacuum cleaner may not match, but you need to try to put them together manually. Then turn on the vacuum cleaner at full capacity to such the water.The vacuum cleaner should get all the water from the dishwasher. You will be surprised that besides the water you will see a lot of unseen debris. Add some more liters of clean water to the dishwasher forcibly and repeat this action to best effect. Such a hose cleaning do not require a long disassembly of the dishwasher. As a result, the appliance will not bother you for a long time.
Sometimes the E25 error may occur due to a float. It is located in the water heating basin on the left behind the panel.
This problem may occur after several years of operation of the dishwasher. This float (“ball”) often gets stuck. After the system has drained the heated water, this ball will not go down. So the dishwasher fails to identify the working condition and won’t drain any dirty water. As a result, the E25 error code is displayed. For troubleshooting, add the KILROCK-BIG W liquid into the dishwasher. Start the standard operating cycle. Repeat it up to 5 times. Then proceed with 3 cycles using the HG SERVICE ENGINEER powder. Use special cleaning agents once a month to avoid the problem in the future. If the coming dishes get a minor smell, it is high time to clean the dishwasher. Some users say you can shake out the stuck ball if you pull out the dishwasher and shake it. Well, this advice is troublesome and hard to try.
Keep your dishwasher clean and you won’t experience many problems.