Having loaded the dishwasher with dishes and detergents, you activate the washing mode. But the washing process does not start, despite the presence of water in the chamber. The main reason for this failure lies in the circulation pump of the device.
Signs of a circulation pump breakdown in Bosch dishwasher
The pump in dishwasher is designed to supply water to the nozzles. If water doesn’t flow, respectively, the washing process doesn’t start. Therefore, the dishes remain dirty. There is no specific error code for the circulation pump, but a user can see errors indirectly associated with it on display. For example, it relates to E08 or E14 codes. In most cases, the circulation pump is beyond repair. The only solution is to replace it with a new part.
How to change a circulation pump?
The process of replacing this dishwasher element is not complicated. However, try to complete this task responsibly and perform all actions carefully. You won’t need extra equipment and specialized tools for the repair. It is enough to have a screwdriver to disassemble the device case. Also, buy a circulation pump corresponding to the parameters of the device model. First of all, you need to get access to the pump. For this, partially disassemble the body of the dishwasher.
Pump replacement steps are the following:
- To make the repair procedure as comfortable as possible, turn the body of the dishwasher over and place it under the bottom panel facing up. The point is that the device repair in this position is more convenient as the circulation pump places in the lower part of the case.
- Remove the machine cover, if it has one, by unscrewing all mounting bolts.
- Now you have access to the pump. Disconnect all components from the part (fasteners, tubes, etc.) with which it is attached to the structure. Remove the pump from the housing.
- Connect the new part to the dishwasher and fasten it in the same position as the old pump.
- Put the cover back, tighten the screws and turn the dishwasher over. Check its operation, which will show the correctness of the pump installation.