Notice any problems with heating during the dishwasher operating? The fault may lie in the heating element, the vital part of a household appliance. By following a particular algorithm, you can replace the heating element yourself.
What are the signs of a faulty heating element?
The heating element in the dishwasher performs one of the primary functions. The unit heats water used for washing dishes. The use of cold water is inefficient as after washing the dishes remain entirely or partially dirty. Users see stains and traces of contamination, fat residues, etc. Therefore, if you find similar deficiencies in the operation of the device, check the operability of the heating element.
An additional symptom of its malfunction is the cold surface of the dishwasher chamber. If the heating element works, the temperature inside the appliance is higher. In the case of a failure, the Bosch dishwasher displays the E01 or E09 codes.
How to replace the heating element?
The process of replacing the heater is not the most difficult one to repair in the dishwasher. However, it is necessary to perform all procedures as carefully as possible so as not to damage the structure. For repair, you will need the necessary tools for disassembling the case. So, prepare screwdrivers, the size of which depends on the mounting bolts. Also, take a multimeter (tester). It is also necessary to purchase the heating element for a particular Bosch dishwasher model.
How to start a repair?
First of all, turn off the dishwasher from the power supply. Perform further actions as follows:
- Remember that the heating element in the dishwasher is located at the very bottom of its body. To reach it quickly, turn the device upside down (the bottom cover is freely accessible).
- Remove the cover using a suitable screwdriver. So, remove all the screws (some bolts may be hidden).
- The heater is located directly under the cover. Disconnect all wiring and other connections from the item before working with it.
- Use a multimeter to check the operation of the heater. If the device shows conductivity, then this element is in order. So, you need to look for the source of damage elsewhere. If there is no conductivity, replace the heating element.
- Install the new element and connect all the wires to it. Then, you can assemble the dishwasher body.