Dishwasher is no different from other electrical appliances. In fact, its design consists of elements that fail sooner or later like in any technique. It happens due to natural wear, but more often due to improper use. What actions to take if the dishwasher suddenly refuses closing?
Signs of a door malfunction in Bosch dishwashers
This problem always appears unexpectedly. If you face it when using the dishwasher for the first time, it’s most likely a matter of factory defect. But breakage is possible with a long-term operation. Thus, having loaded the dishes in the chamber, you understand that you can not close it. Also, you don’t hear the characteristic click. A door malfunction makes the dishwasher completely inoperable. So, the appliance will not start until the door is closed tightly.
Door repair steps
You should start any repair with disconnecting the device from the mains and plumbing. Also, you need to prepare the necessary tools and parts. In this case, you will need:
- The primary cause of the malfunction is a lock mounted on the door. It can break or move from its usual position.
- To fix the lock, loosen the fastening screws and set the latch in the needed position.
- Use pliers to move the lock.
- Check the condition of the door.
- Tighten the screws of the latch as tightly as possible. It will prevent the mount from loosening. Then, try to start the dishwasher.
- If the dishwasher doesn’t work, you need to install a new lock.
- Also, check the gasket as it may move and interfere with the door. Install a new seal if necessary.